Desmos, Inc, San Francisco, CA
2020 - Present
Math education company that creates teacher lessons, embeddable tools, and a free browser-based graphing calculatorProduct Designer
Sought after for superior record of accomplishments in creating innovative tangible and interactive products for varied audiences. Provides critical support to math educators and differentiated curriculum creation for mathematical proficiency and comprehension for students of diverse ages, math comprehension, and abilities. Architect state-of-the-art tools through an end-to-end design process.
- Take charge of a top-performing team manifesting a wholly new teacher feedback feature that heightened remote/virtual instruction effectiveness throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Assess product and identify opportunities for design upgrades, modernization, quality improvements, and transformation.
Federal Government, Washington, d.c.
2016 - 2019
Agency of the US government within the intelligence community.Interaction Designer / Front-end Developer
Outpaced competition and was selected for talents in interaction design, front-end development, and motion graphic design catering to the public sector.
- Shipped over a dozen products for web and iOS to demanding customers without compromising the quality of design, usability, or build
- Demonstrated cross-functional teamwork with software engineers, designers, and analysts to generate worldclass intelligence products such as web apps, interactive stories, and data visualization with deft use of design principles, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Advanced methodologies and reachcby proactively serving on various committees addressing web design, CSS/HTML, and accessibility.
- Mentored, trained, and developed junior designers. Increased team capabilities in UX/UI methodologies and web development to meet the intelligence community's high-pressure requirements.
- Influenced product strategy and drove industry alignment while also increasing development velocity and maintaining a superior bar for quality.
BlahBlahFire LLC, San Francisco, CA
Boutique mobile app business creating niche products for iOS.Product Designer / Front-end Developer / Founder
Demonstrated entrepreneurial vision by founding an LLC focused on mobile app design to gain further knowledge of the mobile app market. Infused Apple human design guidelines while designing user interfaces for iOS apps. Independently acquired skills in Swift to aid with product development.
- Drove two apps through the entire conceptualization, design, development, and Apple store launch phases with efficiency and optimal levels of productivity.
- Accelerated app sales and grew revenue by employing effective digital and social media marketing tactics.
Pandadoc, San Francisco, CA
All-in-one software that creates, sends, tracks, and eSigns client-facing documents.Marketing Designer / Web Developer
Hand-selected as the sole designer to produce marketing projects for a pioneering start-up. Established a foundation for the visual language across all marketing platforms and channels for brand awareness and to catalyze market demand.
- Introduced the enterprise as a thought leader in sales enablement by proving vital to the publication of a sales-oriented e-book by designing the e-book's layout, typesetting, and illustrations.
Design Corps, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn NY
Provides non-profit organizations with design services, while exposing students to professional experience.Volunteer Graphic Designer / Student
- Charity: water(non-profit bringing safe drinking water to developing countries)- worked with in-house marketing team to design and produce print and digital marketing materials promoting “MY charity: water”
- Take the Lead(women’s empowerment non-profit) - As part of a design team, created the visual identity and collateral for the organization’s global launch
Common Space Studio, New York City, NY
Award-winning, multi-disciplinary design and creative studio.Motion Graphic Design Intern
Offered an internship to perform video related production tasks for significant clients including Tom Ford.
- Assisted the principal with the design and production of a Werner Herzog’s video installation titled “Hearsay of the Soul,” for the Whitney Museum’s 2012 Biennial
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Communication Design (Graphic Designs)
2014Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
Senior work focused on creating design systems, web design, interaction design, and user experience design