Desmos, Inc, San Francisco, CA
2020 - Present
Math education company that creates teacher lessons, embeddable tools, and a free browser-based graphing calculatorProduct Designer
Brought onto the team on demonstrated history designing and developing accessible interactive products that make complexity easier to grasp, for a wide-ranging audience. Utilizes a rigorous end-to-end product design process to produce tools that support math educators in the instruction of students across a spectrum of ages, math comprehension, and abilities.
- Lead designer on a team that produced an entirely new teacher feedback feature that proved indispensable to remote instruction during the COVID-19 school closures
Federal Government, Washington, d.c.
2016 - 2019
Agency of the US government within the intelligence community.Interaction Designer / Front-end Developer
Brought on because of experience practicing a broad skill set covering interaction design, front-end web development, and motion graphic design within the public sector. Designs, wireframes, prototypes, and develops within a team of web developers, designers, and analysts to build finished intelligence products in the form of web apps, interactive stories, and data visualizations for decision makers within the United States government.
- Mentored more junior teammates on web development and UX/UI design principles, ensuring all members are capable of outputting interactive products that meet the demanding standards of the intelligence community
- Served on committeescovering web design, CSS/HTML standards, and accessibility, driving departmental tradecraft forward, and avoiding complacency
- Received awards and citations interactive products that aided analysts in the telling of complex intelligence narratives
BlahBlahFire LLC, San Francisco, CA
Boutique mobile app business creating niche products for iOS.Product Designer / Front-end Developer / Founder
Created an LLC to grow experience in mobile app design and to gain further understanding of the mobile app product market. Employed Apple Human Design Guidelines to design user interfaces for iOS apps while learning Swift through self-instruction, to aid the co-founder/engineer with product development.
- Moved two apps through the concept, design, development, and Apple app store submission phases
- Increased app sales through the research and implementation of marketing strategies specific to the mobile app business
Pandadoc, San Francisco, CA
All-in-one software that creates, sends, tracks, and eSigns client-facing documents.Marketing Designer / Web Developer
Recruited to a growth-stage startup as the sole marketing designer to set a foundation for the visual language in all marketing channels including digital, print, and advertising.
- Designed the layout, typeset, and illustrated an e-book covering the active development of sales teams, further establishing the company as a potent partner in sales empowerment
Design Corps, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn NY
Provides non-profit organizations with design services, while exposing students to professional experience.Volunteer Graphic Designer / Student
- Charity: water(non-profit bringing safe drinking water to developing countries)- worked with in-house marketing team to design and produce print and digital marketing materials promoting “MY charity: water”
- Take the Lead(women’s empowerment non-profit) - As part of a design team, created the visual identity and collateral for the organization’s global launch
Common Space Studio, New York City, NY
Award-winning, multi-disciplinary design and creative studio.Motion Graphic Design Intern
Offered an internship to perform video related production tasks for significant clients including Tom Ford.
- Assisted the principal with the design and production of a Werner Herzog’s video installation titled “Hearsay of the Soul,” for the Whitney Museum’s 2012 Biennial
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Communication Design (Graphic Designs)
2014Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
Senior work focused on creating design systems, web design, interaction design, and user experience design